Monday, April 29, 2013

Well, I'm Glad That's Over

Last week was one of those weeks, man.  You know the kind, where each day is either really awesome or really shitty.

And while I'm thankful that there was a lot more of the former, all of the emotional roller coaster rides left me exhausted.  Here's hoping for a more level week!

Speaking of the really awesome days...



We gave the patio at work a much-needed facelift with fresh flowers and new pillows!  Now we just have to keep said flowers alive...  Um...


I discovered Greek yogurt!  Okay not really.  I know you know that it already existed.  But I finally ate some!  And holy crap, is it delicious!  I'm not the biggest fan of regular yogurt, but Greek yogurt is so much more thick and creamy that it's hard not to love.


Continuing in the clean eating vein, I made my first completely clean dinner for Ryan and I.  I was way more excited about it than Ryan was, but he still ate it all, so props for him.  I made blackened chicken with an avocado-Greek yogurt sauce over cilantro-lime quinoa.  So.  Good.  I adapted the recipe from here.

And lastly, I had a night off!  And better yet, Ryan didn't have to work the next day!  Because I work in the restaurant biz, my nights off fall during the work week 99.9% of the time, so Ryan and I usually keep it pretty low-key.  It was nice to be able to just hang out and relax and enjoy some time together.

What was your highlight of the week/weekend?  I hope this week is fantastic!

Also, the winner of the giveaway is Brittany P.!  Congrats girl, I sent you an email!

1 comment: